Monday, February 28, 2011

30+ Books in 1 year

Well here it goes!

I am on a reading kick. I can thank Liz's husband, Bobby Green, for that. He mentioned that He wanted to read 30 books in 1 year, and I jumped on that band wagon! So far so good.

It's the last day in February, and I've already read the following:

- The Host
- The Hunger Games
- Catching Fire
- The Mockingjay
- Water For Elephants
- City of Bones

I started this whole thing about 2 weeks into January, so I'm averaging a book a week. I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty proud of myself. Six books in 6 weeks, no big deal. I have to read one book every week and a half... not to toot my own horn, but I'm a little ahead of that game. However, I am quickly running down my list of books to read.

I NEED RECOMMENDATIONS!

Anything any of you have read or have wanted to read, please let me know! I've got a little list of about 6 more books, and I need at least 18 more! HA!

I added a book log on the side over there -->
I like it.
It lets anyone who reads this know what I've already read.

I'm enjoying my little escapade.

Wish me LUCK!

8 comments:

Court and Tim said...

Very Hungary Caterpillar, Goodnight Moon, Bernstein Bears' Vacation, Guess How Much I Love You, Green Eggs and Ham....Take it or leave it, but those are my recommendations

Kimberly & Justin said...

haha Courtney! I do love all of those. I will add them to the list of the books that I will someday read to my babies :-)

bdoyle said...

Ooh, my favorite subject. :)
Read Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte if you haven't before. It's a classic and sooo easy to get into. I've never met someone who didn't love it.
Also, The Book Thief by Zusak, The Help by Stockett, The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton, Room with a View by E. M. Forster, Princess Bride (it is so hilarious. Even more so than the movie), um I could go on for days probably so I'll stop. I'm reading The History of Love by Krauss right now for my book group and it's pretty good so far (30 pages in, haha). Have fun!

Matthew and Katherine Kerr said...

I wish I would have started a new years resolution like this! I guess there's nothing to prevent me from starting now...

I would recommend the "Pretty Little Liars" series. There is a TV series based on the books. It's a mystery series, and I never thought I would have like it, but I am obsessed! There are 8 books in the series, so that could keep you busy for a little while.

Also, how did you like The Host? I loved that book so much more than the hunger games (don't get me wrong, I loved the hunger games)!

Hayley Marie said...

Life of Pi, 5 People You'll Meet in Heaven, Tuesday's with Morrie, American Moses, How Ronald Reagan Changed My Life, Redwall, any books from the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, The 13th Tale, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Poison Study (and 2 sequels), The Hobbit, anything by Jane Austin, Peter Pan, Through the Looking Glass, the DaVinci Code books, Elantris
My Name is Asher Lev, The Elegance of the Hedgehog, The Partner and The Client, and the Mistborn Trilogy... that should hold you for a bit...

Kimberly & Justin said...

I LOVE IT! THANK YOU!!!

Brittlyn- This is quickly becoming my favorite subject as well! Thank you for the recommendations. I'll add them to my amazon wish list!

Katherine- START! I love it. It's been so fun! The Host is my favorite book. This was the second time I've read it. I couldn't put it down. I love the Hunger Games, they were a great quick read for me, but The Host... it's perfect.

Hayley! Thank you for the list! I've read a bunch of those, but I'll have to read a couple again.

Kimberly & Justin said...

oh and Katherine- I've been watching the Pretty Little Liars TV series. It's really good. Have you watched that at all? If so, is it close to the books?

Ali said...

I am impressed, I didn't know you were such a reader. I should make this a goal for myself as well, I definitely need to read more.